We are hiring a trustworthy and very organized Personal Assistant who will support Rebecca Alvarez Story, the CEO and Co-Founder of Bloomi, on a daily basis, with both professional and personal duties.
Alamo, Bay Area
~20 hours per week (part-time)
$20-25 per hour depending on experience
This critical role will help our CEO improve her productivity in order to take Bloomi to the next level. At the heart of this role is looking after two kids (3 y/o and 13 y/o), scheduling appointments, running errands, preparation of meeting materials, and answering external demands.
A nationally respected Sexologist and social impact entrepreneur, Rebecca Alvarez Story is an entrepreneur and intimacy coach who works with adults and teens to help them navigate a variety of sexual wellness topics and find holistic ways to maximize their sexual agency.
Rebecca is a 2021 Changemaker (Well+Good) and has been named a “Latina Trailblazer” and “Next 1000” by Forbes for normalizing conversations about sexual wellness. She has been featured and contributes to publications including Forbes, Well+Good, Parents Latina, Byrdie, Refinery29, Elite Daily, BeLatina, mitú and more.
She is a proud daughter of Latinx immigrants and also focuses on diversity initiatives that elevate other BIPOC in entrepreneurship. Rebecca graduated from UC Berkeley with a sexual wellness major she created and holds a Master's in Sexuality Studies where she studied sexual desire and arousal.
In 2018, Rebecca founded Bloomi, the leading marketplace for inclusive, clean sexual wellness shopping and learning. Adding to this innovation, Bloomi created the first “Clean Standard” in the industry which promotes ingredient transparency. Her vision for Bloomi is to be a community-inspired marketplace that enables people to live more satisfying lives.
Rebecca currently lives in Alamo, CA with her husband and two daughters.
- Assist Rebecca with administrative tasks including, but not limited to:
- Manage family schedule
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain and organize files
- Arrange travel and all accommodations and create comprehensive and detailed itineraries
- Perform other related duties in support of the CEO as requested
- Responds to inquiries
A minimum of 2 years working experience as a personal assistant. Prior experience working with kids is a plus. Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel around the Bay area. A plus if you can occasionally accompany Rebecca on US domestic trips (your travel expenses will be covered).
- Strong time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Free products – you’ll receive our entire suite of essentials and any new product that launches. We also give coupons and freebies to family and friends.
- Team events and gifts — we take time to connect and invest in celebrating our colleagues and accomplishments.
Diversity is at the core of Bloomi’s values. We encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, email email@example.com with the subject line 'Application for Personal Assistant Role' and a brief summary about why you're interested in working at Bloomi. Please attach your current resume and anything else you'd like our team to know.